Every business wants to have higher and higher sales every year but the truth is that many fail. Sales are tricky business – you have to achieve brand awareness through relentless marketing in order to see a significant increase. If you want to improve sales in the coming year be prepared to do the following:
- If it is possible you should improve your product. People want value and if your product is less than perfect they will bypass it and head to your competitors. It sounds like an expensive thing to do but unless you spend money to come up with a better product then you cannot expect people to buy it. Improving your product also means that you think about the packaging. Ask several independent parties to critique it and if they are less than 100% positive you should think of going a different.
- You will improve sales by increasing online visibility. You need to have a singular goal in mind when it comes to online marketing – your website should make it to the first page of search results. This means that you have to have a good strategy for SEO and social media. You need to hire a professional if you are to achieve Google dominance. They understand algorithms and trends and they know exactly what to do to get you more online visibility.
- You need to be prepared to hire good sales people. Sales and marketing, unlike other jobs, need to be done by people with a certain disposition. You should be looking for enthusiasm. True, qualifications and training matter but these are no good if the person who has them doesn’t have the spirit to go out and make sales day after day.
- Customer service needs to be exemplary if you want to keep making sales. Track down all complaints and find out why the customer was unhappy. Be prepared to correct what are even perceived mistakes. Remember, the customer is always right.
- Reputation marketing is a must in these days of instant communication. A single negative comment from an unhappy customer could cost you a lot of sales. You should hire a company that constantly scours the net looking for negative comments that may affect your bus in If they find any they will get rid of them.
- Get proper testimonials. It is not enough to have someone say that they like your product.
These tips are enough to help you increase sales in 2017.